Friday, March 14, 2008

The Night Mare


Are they real
or need I wake
these things that make
me want to quake
A freckled child
a sylph, some scones
invade my mind
like sharpened stones
.
A dancing maiden,
dismembered thumb
all mixed together
where from they come?
Like a flat rootbeer
no longer fizzy
if I arouse will
I not be dizzy?
.
Some cows on ice
skates that gleam
all rabble 'round
within my dream
The suasion mounts
it does proceed
the laughing horse
begs me to heed
.
Haunted hours
spent in my bed
crazy thoughts
zip 'round my head
I toss and turn
why do they mock
I wish I'd hear
my alarm clock

4 comments:

poefusion said...

You bring such an uplifting spirit with your poetry. I love this. I don't think I have ever wanted to hear my alarm clock though. But, I always enjoy seeing what you can come up with. Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Hauntingly beautiful post. The disjointed thoughts are somehow very cohesive here.

animal instinct

Tumblewords: said...

The breathless movement of the words in your poem are surely indicative of
a nightmare - nice!

little wing writer said...

scones and cows oh my!!!... my nightmares could not compete with yours!