Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dirt Roadkill

I thought I'd try writing something using exactly 50 words. I have seen it before and read it was difficult, and true to what I read, it is! But here's my attempt at a short, short, short, story. This was fun!

Dirt Roadkill

The Rodeo Clown found a new racket on the side. While busy distracting bulls he'd pick up each trampled varmint. There were green ones, red ones, colors that would boggle the mind. During one stint a shoemaker who made snug fitting footwear from the skins hired Jocko "the snake trapper".

7 comments:

paisley said...

good job... i have never tried 50 words... but i have a lot of fun doing the 100 word ones.....
i gotta try this....

Anonymous said...

Fifty words. Hmmm, I love exact word count exercises. You pulled it off!

Tumblewords: said...

Wow! It really works! I'm tempted to try... I had a terrible time with these words.

poefusion said...

I enjoyed your change up this week. Your fifty word story works well and you used all the words without pulling out your hair. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine trying this, well I could, but it wouldn't be as good. Wow.

Anonymous said...

I can hear the salty accent in the tone, from words like varmint and snake skinner.
Kinda feel sorry for the ole snake, though.

Great fifty-word story!

little wing writer said...

i just finished reading watering elephants... excellent 50 story!!