Friday, June 19, 2009

I wish, I wish, I wish

Fathers day came and went last year without you and I was almost glad you weren't there; you had been in so much pain that knowing you were over it made me glad. Sunday is another Fathers day and I feel entirely different. This time I wish you were here with me, no matter what shape you would be in. I know it's for selfish reasons but I still can't help but wish I had you back to talk to, to be with, to put my arms around, to cry with, to feel another person feel me. I miss you Dad....




.

3 comments:

poefusion said...

He knows you miss him and wish he was here. I hope you can at least visit his grave tomorrow to talk with him.

deathsweep said...

No Michelle, unfortunately that's one of the wishes that also won't come true. His grave is about 800 miles away and it's impossible for me to be there.

paisley said...

to put my arms around, to cry with, to feel another person feel me.

is probably the most significant line to me,, as i know what it feels like not to have any human contact and long for it ,, even if it is just a hug..

this has been a really hard year for you rob,, and although it might not look like it to you,, it seems to me that you are making it extremely well,, i doubt i would be in as good a shape as you are had i lost so much so soon..

i am always here for you if you need to "talk".....